Basic Function: to participate in all activities related to the accomplishment of specific jobs.Must be able to perform all duties noted in Painter’s Job Description and attend all safety and general meetings. Will uphold the All Pro Promise and the All Pro Painters Mission Statement.
Organizational Relationships: reports to Crew/Job Leader and Field Supervisor. Helps to supervise Apprentices and Trainees.
Safety: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a safe manner at all times to insure the safety of their customers and themselves. Painter must have clear understanding of job-site safety. The painter is responsible for the safety and performance of every man on the crew in the absence of a Crew Leader and/or Lead painter.
Scope of Responsibility: as delegated by Crew Leader or Field Supervisor. Efficiently carry out paint related duties in a professional, workmanlike manner. Ensure that all duties are completed within the time frame prescribed by the Crew Leader and/or Field Supervisor, and job sheets.
Duties and Responsibilities: Arrive to the job in time to start work prior to 8:00 a.m. daily, unless otherwise specified by Crew Leader or Supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & organization
- Possess knowledge of products
- Maintain a full set of production tools
- Have the ability to move and use ladders and power equipment (i.e. sanders, sprayers, ladders up to 32’, etc.)
- Have a clear understanding of preparation procedures (i.e. sanding, caulking, sealing, etc.)
- Be able to perform all painting functions, i.e. paint windows, doors, soffits, fascia, shutters, etc.
- The painter is to monitor attendance, appearance, language, proper use of equipment for your self and other crew members in the absence of a crew leader and/or master painter.
- It is the painter’s responsibility to help foreman train all Trainees and Apprentices according to the All Pro Painters Standards and Procedures
- Deal with customers’ questions and concerns on the job-site in absence of Crew leader and/or Lead Painter.
All must be completed in a competent, timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Provide your own transportation to and from the worksite. Be ready at pick-up time, if you are late you are on your own to get to the job
- Be available in terms of scheduling hours. Be on time!
- Bring your lunch. Don’t expect anyone to go out and get your lunch
- Be reliable, present good work ethic, high integrity and drug free
- Clean presentable appearance expected at all times
- Maintain dress code according to the standards that All Pro Painters customers expect; i.e. appearance. Must wear clean All Pro Painters shirt, white painter’s pants, khaki pants or shorts. No cutoffs or tank tops
- Attend all safety and training seminars
- Good technical skills in terms of using hand & power tools
- Have tools with you. Keep track of your tools. They are your responsibility! If you need any tools ask the foreman. Return all borrowed tools to the rightful owners
It’s your responsibility to keep busy throughout the day. When you need something else to do, ask your crew leader or supervisor.
Best of luck in your application!